Alternative fuel companies are key players in increasing transportation efficiency, reducing pollution from coal-fired power plants, and lessening our dependence on foreign oil. According to the US Department of Transportation, greenhouse gas emissions from transportation account for 29% of the total for this country. Alternative energy companies in transportation are involved in electric and hybrid electric vehicles, public transportation, biofuels, batteries, fuel cell and other power storage technologies. Alternative fuel companies also includes those that provide natural gas, a preferable preferable option to coal and oil.
Click on any of the fuel alternative companies listed below
Subscribers gain access to the entire list of almost 250 publicly traded alternative energy companies, which are continually updated so that investors can stay on top of important developments. For the benefit of new users, we are happy to offer a free trial. Readers can view sample reports by clicking on any of the “A” alternative energy companies listed in the glossaries (companies are alphabetized by ticker).
- (A) Agilent Technologies
- (ABAT) Advanced Battery Technologies Inc
- (ABB) ABB (Ltd)
- (ADM) Archer Daniels Midland Company
- (AES) The AES Corporation
- (AMRC) Ameresco Inc
- (AMRS) Amyris Inc
- (ANDE) The Andersons, Inc.
- (AONE) A123 Systems, Inc.
- (APWR) A-Power Energy Generation Systems
- (AVAV) AeroVironment, Inc.
- (AVRW) Aventine Renewable Energy
- (BEZ) Baldor Electric Company
- (BIOF) BioFuel Energy Corp.
- (BLDP) Ballard Power Systems Inc.
- (BMI) Badger Meter, Inc.
- (BWA) BorgWarner Inc.
- (CBAK) China BAK Battery Inc.
- (CBEH) China Integrated Energy, Inc.
- (CDXS) Codexis, Inc.
- (CEG) Constellation Energy Group, Inc.
- (CERP) Cereplast, Inc.
- (CHC) China Hydroelectric Corporation
- (CLNE) Clean Energy Fuels Corp
- (CPST) Capstone Turbine Corp
- (CREG) China Recycling Energy Corp.
- (CRGE) Clenergen Corporation
- (CSX) CSX Corp
- (CVA) Covanta Holding Corp
- (CWST) Casella Waste Systems Inc.
- (CZZ) Cosan Limited(ADR)
- (ECTY) Ecotality, Inc.
- (ED) Consolidated Edison, Inc
- (EEI) Ecology and Environment
- (ELT) Elster Group SE ADR
- (ENA) Enova Systems, Inc.
- (ENS) EnerSys
- (ESPH) Ecosphere Technologies, Inc.
- (EXC) Exelon Corp.
- (FASC) First American Scientific Corp.
- (FCEL) FuelCell Energy, Inc.
- (FSYS) Fuel Systems Solutions Inc
- (GE) General Electric Co
- (GEVO) Gevo, Inc.
- (GPRE) Green Plains Renewal Energy Inc.
- (GRH) GreenHunter Energy, Inc.
- (GU) Gushan Environmental Energy Ltd
- (MG) Mistras Group, Inc.
- (MGA) Magna International Inc.
- (MSEH) Mesa Energy Holdings, Inc.
- (MTZ) MasTec Inc
- (MXWL) Maxwell Technologies Inc.
- (NEE) NextEra Energy, Inc.
- (NGLPF) Nevada Geothermal Power, INC
- (NRG) NRG Energy, Inc.
- (NSC) Norfolk Southern Corp
- (OPTT) Ocean Power Technologies, Inc.
- (ORA) Ormat Technologies, Inc.
- (OSG) Overseas Shipholding Group Inc
- (PC) Panasonic Corporation (ADR)
- (PEIX) Pacific Ethanol Inc
- (PLUG) Plug Power Inc.
- (PPO) Polypore International, Inc.
- (PW) Power REIT
- (SCEI) Sino Clean Energy Inc.
- (SCTY) SolarCity Corp.
- (SI) Siemens AG
- (SQM) Sociedad Quimica y Minera (ADR)
- (SYNM) Syntroleum Corp
- (THO) Thor Industries Inc
- (TM) Toyota Motor Corporation (ADR)
- (TRN) Trinity Industries, Inc.
- (TSLA) Tesla Motors Inc
- (ULBI) Ultralife Corp
- (UNP) Union Pacific Corp
- (UQM) UQM Technologies, Inc.
- (UTX) United Technologies Corp
Click on the company you’re interested in.